PPO Medicare plans come in two varieties. There are regional PPO Medicare Advantage plans and local PPO Advantage plans.
- PPO plans have a list of network (PPO) approved doctors and other providers you may use
- You may use a provider that is not on the list but you will have more out ot pocket (penalty)
- You do not need a referral to see a specialist, but if you use a non-par specialist your costs will be higher
- Medicare Part A and Part B services are provided by your PPO plan but you will generally pay more for these services than you would with original Medicare and a Medigap plan
- PPO Advantage plans charge a premium IN ADDITION TO your regular Medicare Part B premium
- PPO Advantage plans can charge deductibles and coinsurance that is higher than original Medicare
Bob Vineyard, President of Georgia Medicare Plans, has decided to specialize in GA Medigap plans. We believe the flexibility and overall VALUE of original Medicare and a Medicare supplement plan are superior to the Advantage plans currently on the market. We invite you to compare GA Medigap quotes using our instant online quote engine or ask for a free, no obligation consult.