Medicare high deductible plan F, also known as Medigap high F, is a low cost way for Georgia senior citizens to save premium dollars. Is a Medicare high deductible plan F a good fit for you? Do you really save money with a Medicare high deductible plan F? How does Medigap high F work? Confused?
Georgia Medigap high deductible plan F is a good alternative to many of the popular Medicare Advantage plans on the market. Consider these benefits
- Medicare high deductible plan F allows you to use any Georgia doctor
- There are never any networks or claim forms with a Medicare supplement plan high F
- With Medicare high deductible plan F you do not need a referral to see a specialist
- Your annual out of pocket cost with high F is limited to the deductible ($2070 in 2012)
- Many Medicare Advantage plans have an out of pocket cost of $6700
- Medicare high deductible plans can be used anywhere in the country
Consider the Disadvantages of Medicare High Deductible Plan F
- Your actual annual out of pocket may be higher than you originally estimated
- The premium savings is great as long as you remain in good health
- You may find it impossible to change to a more comprehensive plan if your health takes a turn for the worse
- There are no open enrollment periods that allow you to switch if you no longer like your Medicare high deductible F plan
Is Medicare High Deductible Plan F For You?
If you are in good health, and have adequate funds in a savings account, you may find that a Georgia Medicare high deductible plan is a good fit. If you don’t care for Medicare Advantage plans and their networks, but want to keep your Medigap premium affordable, then high F could be a good option. There are no out of network penalties with a Medicare high deductible plan like you can experience with a Medicare Advantage plan.
There are only a few Medigap carriers in Georgia that offer the Medicare high deductible plan and very few plans are bought each year. While the rates are low now, with only a few people in the plan the rates may be subject to substantial price increases in the future.
Georgia Medicare Plans has affordable Medigap rates for Medicare high deductible plan F and other plans from Blue Cross, Humana, Mutual of Omaha, New Era and others.