Medicare supplement plan F (updated for 2020). Medigap plan F review. Oversold and overpriced? Two minute video explains why supplement plan F should not be your first choice.
You have questions. We have answers. Why settle for rates from a few carriers. We show you ALL rates. We shop. You compare. How easy is that? Free, no obligation GA Medicare supplement rate review.
Table of Contents
Medicare Supplement Plan F 2020 Update
Seniors who become eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020 will not be allowed to purchase Medigap plan F. Congress decided folks on original Medicare and the F plan were abusing the plan by having too many doctor visits.
So they passed a law eliminating “first dollar coverage” for outpatient care. Our elected representatives felt we would spend less time in the doctors office if we had to pay for visits.
Apparently they feel we have nothing better to do than sit in waiting rooms with a bunch of sick people.
At least the G plan is still available.
Medicare Supplement Plan F Eliminated
Medigap plan F. Georgia seniors on a fixed income will not have to rob a bank to pay medical expenses when they buy Medicare supplement plan F. Medigap plan F is the most OVERPRICED plan on the market, yet 60% of seniors that have a supplement plan buy Medicare supplement plan F.
Why is that?
Because that is what they are SOLD. No one took the time to explain that you should buy Medigap plan F so the agent can make more money at your expense!
Are you turning 65 and confused about Medicare options? You have questions. We have answers.
Did you know Medigap plan F will no longer be offered beginning in 2020? HR2 was signed into law by President Obama earlier in 2015. This law PROHIBITS plans that pay your Part B deductible from being offered to retirees.
What does this mean to you? If you have plan F now, how will you be impacted?
To get your free, no obligation quote in 60 seconds, click the image below.
Medicare Supplement Plan F – Paying More But Getting Less?
As with most things in life, you may pay a little more, but it is worth it. Medigap plan F covers everything not paid by original Medicare Part’s A and B. You will never have to worry about paying hospital or doctor visit deductibles.
Plan F offers the most comprehensive coverage of any Medicare supplement plan and includes all the following coverage:
- Part A hospital co-insurance costs up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are exhausted
- Pays for your first 3 pints of blood when you need a transfusion
- Hospice care, Medicare Part A coinsurance
- Part B co-payment or co-insurance coverage
- First three pints of blood used in an approved medical procedure
- Hospice care co-insurance or co-payment (when approved by Medicare Part A)
- Medicare Supplement plan F covers Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) care co-insurance
- Medigap plan F covers Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Supplement plan F covers Medicare Part B deductible
- Medigap plan F covers Medicare Part B ‘excess charges’
- Foreign travel emergency coverage (up to plan limits)
- Medicare preventive care Part B co-insurance
- Skilled nursing care facility
- Travel outside of the United States
- Supplement plan F is one of only two plans that cover Part B excess charges
The comprehensive nature of Medicare supplement plan F means you may never have any out of pocket costs for Medicare approved hospital or doctors office expenses.
Medigap plan F also has a high deductible option
#MedigapPlanF #MedicareSupplementPlanF #GeorgiaMedicarePlans