Overwhelmed by shopping for GA Medigap insurance? Which plan do you need? Should you buy direct from Blue Cross or pick a plan from a different GA Medigap carrier? Should you use an agent?
Medicare supplement plans are supposed to be simple but sometimes it can be overwhelming. With over 37 years in the industry we are in a unique position to provide easy answers to your Medicare questions.
Don’t pay more than you need to!
The first thing you need to know is, the LOWEST rates are usually not found online. We have access to the top 20 Medicare supplement carriers in Georgia and most of them never publish their rates online.
Be sure to ask for a PERSONALIZED quote with the LOWEST rates.
Medigap plans are standardized by the government which means all plans are the same regardless of whose name is on the policy. Paying more for a “big name” doesn’t get you better coverage, it simply means you paid too much.
Three ways to buy a Medigap plan.
- Buy direct from the carrrier
- Buy from an agent that only offers one company and insists on coming in to your home
- Buy through an independent agent that represents all the major carriers
Here is what happens when you buy direct from the carrier.
- You can only call during regular business hours
- Your call will be answered by a machine and you will be prompted to “Press 1 for English”
- Chances are you will eventually be routed to voice mail instead of a real person
- If you do talk to a live person, every time you call you go through the same procedure and speak to a different representative each time
- You will never know if you are given the right answer or not
- If you don’t know the right questions to ask I can guarantee you will not solve your problem
So how about using an agent? What are the issues to consider then?
At Georgia Medicare Plans we have easy answers to your difficult questions.