Under age 65 with ESRD and need Georgia Medicare supplement (Medigap) coverage? Once approved for Medicare you have a limited time frame to enroll in a Medigap plan.
Disabled individuals under age 65, including those on dialysis, became eligible to purchase a Medigap policy under a new law passed in 2010. The law created an open window for those who were under 65 and disabled, allowing them to sign up for Medicare supplement insurance regardless of how long they had been on Medicare.
That window closed in May of 2011.
Eligibility going forward for those who are disabled and approved for Medicare is 6 months from the time you sign up for Medicare Part B.
Currently, Blue Cross has the best rates for Medigap under age 65. You have the option of applying direct with Blue and dealing with a different home office critter each time you call, or you can allow us to be your primary contact any time you have a question.
Georgia-Medicare Plans is a "boutique" agency that offers personal service. Our 37 years in the industry allows us to offer you expert advice on a wide range of topics across multiple carriers.
We will be glad to assist in applying for under 65 Medigap coverage or you can apply using this link to Blue Cross.
- Click the link to Blue Cross
- In the middle of the page look for the SECOND box with the words "If you are eligible for Medicare", then click the link that says "Get a quote or enroll today"
- (Wait on the redirect to a new page)
- Choose the Medicare Solutions bubble
- When the drop down box appears, enter your zip code and other information then click "Get a Quick Quote"
- When the page refreshes, choose Supplement Plans.
- Pick your plan
- Click Enroll Now and follow the directions.
The process from here forward is reasonably straight forward. If you have any questions, or need assistance, give us a call at (404) 252-5859.
If you get voice mail, save your work and we will contact you within 24 hours or less to guide you through the rest of the process. Be sure to indicate in your message that you are applying for Blue Cross Medigap and need help.
Georgia Medicare Plans has the best Medigap rates in Georgia. Get a quote, compare plans side by side and apply online.