How do I sign up for Medicare? How much does it cost? Should I buy Medigap? When should I buy a Georgia Medicare supplement plan?
Sign Up for Medicare
- Most people will be automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A when they turn 65.
- Your Medicare begins the first of the month in which you turn 65 . . . UNLESS your birthday falls on the first day of the month. If you turn 65 on June 1, your Medicare will begin on May 1.
- Part A helps pay for some of your inpatient hospital care, some skilled nursing home care, home health care and hospice.
- Part A is available without a monthly premium for most US citizens
Medicare Part B
- You must ELECT to enroll in Medicare Part B.
- You can sign up for Part B by going online to the SSA/Medicare site or by calling 1-800-MEDICARE.
- Part B pays for SOME of your doctor expenses and certain outpatient expenses not covered by hospital insurance
- You will pay a monthly premium for Medicare Part B which will be deducted from your monthly Social Security check. The 2012 premium for Part B is $99 for most people.
- If you are not receiving Social Security, you can ask Medicare to bill you quarterly.
- If you do not sign up for Part B when first eligible you may be required to pay a LIFETIME penalty
Buying a Medigap Plan
- The best time to buy a GA Medicare supplement plan is when you turn 65 and enroll in Part B
- Review the Medicare guide CHOOSING A MEDIGAP POLICY
- Understand your rights to buying a Medigap policy and know when you cannot be refused a policy by an insurance company.
- Compare Medigap rates and plans online. Quote, review, compare and apply online.
- Ask for a competitive quote, personalized to YOUR needs and budget showing plans with the LOWEST PREMIUMS IN GEORGIA
- Note: Medigap Plan F is OVERPRICED by most carriers. Ask Georgia Medicare Plans for VALUE PRICED MEDIGAP PLANS
Finding a Prescription Drug Plan – Part D
- Even if you do not use prescription drugs now, you should sign up for Part D
- If you fail to sign up for Part D when first eligible you will be required to pay a LIFETIME PENALTY for late enrollment
- You can use the Medicare Prescription Drug Formulary Finder to pick a low cost drug plan in your area
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE with a list of your medications, dosage and how often filled
- Finding a Part D plan is a FREE service for Medigap clients of Georgia Medicare Plans.
Shop and compare Medicare supplement plans.
INSTANT GA Medigap quotes.
Your information is NEVER sold!
#Turning65 #EnrollinMedicare #GAMedigapQuotes