Do you qualify for Medigap in Georgia? If you are not “guaranteed issue” as defined by Medicare you will be required to answer a few health questions. Every Medigap carrier is different but many use a 5 year look back and want to know if any of the following are true.
In the last 5 years have you been diagnosed with, or treated for any of the following medical conditions?
- Alzeheimers, dementia or Parkinsons?
- Heart attack, pacemaker installed, heart valve replacement, stents, irregular heart beat, COPD, or stroke?
- Asthma, emphysema, use of oxygen, inhalers or nebulizers
- Internal cancer, leukemia, Hodgkins, or melanoma?
- Insulin dependent diabetes, AIDS, ARC, kidney disease or renal failure?
- Are you cofnined to a wheelchair or do you need a cane or walker for normal daily activities?
- Are you confined to a nursing home or have you been hospitalized more than twice in the last 2 years?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions you will not be offered a Medigap plan unless you are subject to a Medicare approved guaranteed issue enrollment period.
Medigap rates from Anthem Blue Cross, Humana, Aetna and other top carriers.
Bob Vineyard and Georgia Medicare Plans have low GA Medigap rates for almost all seniors.