If you have a Universal Health Care Medicare Advantage plan your current coverage ends at midnight, March 31, 2103. Due to insolvency, Universal Health Care policyholders will need to transition to new coverage during the next 60 days.
Universal Health Care Medicare Advantage policyholders can enroll in another Medicare Advantage plan if they want to roll the dice again, or they can return to original Medicare and purchase a Medicare supplement insurance plan without medical underwriting.
If you are tired of doctor networks, changing plans every year, increased deductibles, higher copay’s and higher out of pocket limits perhaps you should consider Medigap plan N.
When you have Medicare supplemental insurance plan N you have the following:
- Ability to use ANY doctor or hospital in the Medicare system
- “No surprise” doctor copay which does not exceed $20, even for specialist
- “No surprise” ER (emergency room) copay, not to exceed $50
- Skilled nursing facility coverage at 100%
- Medicare Part A deductible paid by Medigap plan N
- Hospital coinsurance paid by plan N through day 150
- Additional 365 day hospital stay lifetime benefit
- Hospice care
- Foreign travel emergency care
Universal Health Care Medicare Advantage plan holders can purchase any eligible Medicare supplement plan they wish without evidence of insurability.
Medicare Supplement Guaranteed Issue Rights
Eligible Medicare supplement plans include A, B, C, F, K, L, M or N. Know your Medigap guaranteed issue rights.
Medigap plan F is a popular choice for those who are looking for “Cadillac” coverage, but the savings with plan N can be substantial. In many cases you can save over $600 per year by enrolling in Medicare supplemental insurance plan N over plan F.
+Bob Vineyard at Georgia Medicare Plans can help you find the right Medicare supplement plan to fit your needs and budget. Compare Medigap rates from top carriers including Blue Cross, Humana, Mutual of Omaha and others. Instant online Medigap quotes!
While others talk, we listen.
Leave a Reply