Medicare supplement rates for Georgia seniors. Compare Medicare supplemental insurance rates from major Medigap carriers. Instant online Medicare supplement rates. How much will YOU save?
Blue Cross, Mutual of Omaha, Humana Medicare supplement rates. Review plans side by side. Pick the best value based on YOUR needs and budget.
We showed one couple how to save over $1700 per year.
Others talk. We listen
Compare historical Medigap rate history. Who has the largest rate increases?
Find the RIGHT Medicare supplement insurance plan. When you have original Medicare and a Medigap plan you enjoy the following.
- Choose any doctor. No networks
- No claim forms
- Your treatment is determined by you and your doctor
- Medicare supplement rates can be quite affordable with the right plan
Medicare doesn’t cover all your bills. After Medicare pays their portion, you still have deductibles, copay’s and coinsurance. Unpaid medical bills that can eat away at your life savings.
Most people find it easier to budget for out of pocket expenses with a Medicare supplement plan. Your Medigap plan will pay for medical bills approved by Medicare but not paid by Medicare.
Medicare Part A – What is NOT covered
Your Medicare Part A hospital deductible is $1156 per BENEFIT PERIOD.
If your hospital stay is longer than 60 days you will be required to pay a daily hospital deductible of $289 for every day you are in the hospital from day 61 – 90. Longer hospital stays require you to pay a daily deductible of $578 for days 91 – 150. If your hospital stay goes beyond 150 days you are responsible for ALL of the costs associated with that stay.
Medicare does not pay for skilled nursing facilities where the stay extends beyond 100 days. It does not pay your hospital deductible, hospital coinsurance payments or skilled nursing facility copayments.
When you compare Medicare supplement rates keep in mind the kind of unpaid medical bills you can incur from a hospital stay. Multiple hospital admissions during the year can generate a deductible for EACH STAY.
Georgia Medicare supplement policies issued after June 1, 2010 will include inpatient prescription drug and inpatient respite care as a basic benefit. Plan K covers 50% of the coinsurance for these benefits and Plan N covers 75%.
Medicare Part B – What is NOT covered
Medicare Part B requires you to pay a deductible of $140 (in 2012) before anything is paid by Medicare. You are required to pay 20% of Medicare approved charges by your doctor AFTER you have met your $140 deductible.
Medicare only pays 80% of the APPROVED RATE for Part B services. You are responsible for the other 20%. If your doctor does not accept Medicare assignment they are allowed to balance bill you for a portion of the excess beyond what Medicare would normally pay for services.
Medicare supplement plan policies including plans G, K, L and N require you to pay a portion of your Medicare Part B coinsurance and copayments. This may result in lower Medicare supplement rates which will save you money on a monthly basis.
All other Medicare supplement plans pay Part B coinsurance and copayments at 100%.
How Much Do Medicare Supplement Plans Cost?
Most Medigap carriers do not illustrate their Medicare supplement rates online. To find the LOWEST Medigap premium you should request a personalized quote.
Bob Vineyard at Georgia Medicare Plans is happy to show you Medicare supplement rates from the best carriers in Georgia.
When Should You Purchase a Medigap Plan?
The best time to buy a Medicare supplement plan is during your open enrollment period. Your open enrollment period starts on the first day of the month in which you turn 65 AND are enrolled in Medicare parts A and B. Your Medicare supplement rates will be the lowest at that time.
During your Medicare open enrollment period a Medicare supplement company cannot refuse to offer you any Medigap plan it offers.
They also cannot make you wait for coverage to start or charge you higher Medicare supplement rates due to existing medical issues.
Even though the Medigap company cannot make you wait for coverage to begin they may be able to legally refuse to cover any pre-existing conditions for up to 6 months.
Finding the Best Medicare Supplement Rates
When shopping for Medigap coverage, this is one time when paying more is a waste of your money. The best Medicare supplement rates are also the lowest Medicare supplement rates. When you pay more you don’t get more, you simply paid too much.
Compare Medicare supplement rates online but to find the lowest rates, ask for a personalized quote.