What is Medicare open enrollment 2016? When can I change my Medicare supplement plan? How do I find a better rate without going online and having my phone ring off the hook?
Isn’t this the same as turning 65? Can’t I change my Medicare supplement plan without going through underwriting?
Table of Contents
What is Medicare Open Enrollment?
Medicare annual open enrollment period starts on October 15th and ends on December 7th. During that time you can
- Change from one Medicare Advantage plan to another one
- Change your Part D drug plan
You can change your existing Medicare supplement plan at any time of the year but you may be required to pass medical underwriting. If you have an existing Medicare Advantage plan, and would rather have original Medicare and a Medigap plan you can enroll in a Medigap plan subject to medical underwriting.
Is Medicare Open Enrollment the Same as Turning 65?
Short answer is not.
Turning 65 and enrolling in Medicare Part B for the first time allows you a 6 month window to enroll in any Medigap plan. Never any underwriting. They can’t ask your height and weight. What medications you take.
All of those are off limits.
But open enrollment is different.
If you have original Medicare and a supplement plan you can change drug plans without underwriting.
You can also improve your Medicare supplement plan and look for lower rates. But you can do that any time. Open enrollment is not the best time to change Medicare supplement plans. If you have been on Medicare Part B more than 6 months medical underwriting is required. That process can take 2 weeks or longer outside of open enrollment. The time frame is a month or longer if you try to change Medigap plans during open enrollment.
How Do I Find the Best Medicare Supplement Rates?
Shopping online is simple, thanks to the internet. But it can also be frustrating. Here is what most people do.
- Do a Google search for “best Medicare supplement rates in Georgia“
- They get over 300,000 results
- Then click on a few links, fill in some information and wait on the phone to ring
There must be a better way.
- Go to GA Medigap Quotes
- Fill in your information
- Get an instant quote
- Wait for your personalized quote by email showing Medigap rates you won’t see anywhere else
- We shop. You compare
- We take the time to answer all your questions about Medicare, plans, rates, service and so forth..
- When you pay more you don’t get more. You simply paid too much
- Our goal is to give you the confidence in knowing you have made the right decision and are not paying too much or buying the wrong plan
How easy is that?
#GAMedigapRates #MedicareSupplementRates #MedicareOpenEnrollment #Turning65